Shadowrun VII Setting Rules
- A World Without Magic: Awakened & Resonant qualities do not exist for player characters.
- Wirepunk: While wireless networks exist, for the most part the Matrix does not exist, nor does AR.
- Materia: Magic is a purchasable item called Materia.
- Fantastical Creatures: Trolls, Orcs, Elves, and Dwarves and all other types of metavarients and changelings exist. All of them must take the Uneducated flaw. Changelings are the result of direct experimentation and and mako-mutations.
- Limit Breaks: After spending all of one’s edge, a player may use a Limit Break. (Rules to come: Effect is directly related to how much Edge a character has.).
- Money: Gil is the primary currency, instead of Nuyen. They have the same exchange rate. Most currency is coin based, with silvery holed coins representing 10 gil each. Paper and Electronic Gil exist, but are rare.